Do you live on the #IsleofWight and are you interested in #localgov? Come to the Local Government event on 11 Oct 2016 and find out more about how you could @beacouncillor Follow link to register for this event: http://bit.ly/2cb4HTL
Need advice on driving safely, for longer? Need advice about an elderly friend or relative's driving?
If so, head along to the Older Driver Forum's free event at Newport Minster this Friday and talk to a range of road safety experts.
Advice will be available on:
• brushing up your skills
• booking a driving assessment
• arranging a regular eyesight test
• getting advice on health and wellbeing issues that could affect driving ability
• renewing your licence at 70
• learning about road safety and consequences of not being fit to drive
• discover alternatives to being independent without a car
Safety is the top priority; it should be the most important thing older drivers consider when there is concern over driving ability. The best advice is don’t wait for an accident or a near miss to convince a driver to stop, instead seek advice, support and help.
The consultation on proposed changes to the Local Council Tax Scheme runs until 10 November. Don't forget to have your say www.iwight.com/lcts
This stunning photo was taken at dawn yesterday (Isle of Wight Day) by floating bridge crew member, Dave Todd.
1Leisure Medina have got their bunting out too - Isle of Wight Day, celebrating the Island, is tomorrow!